You will guide and coach the data engineers (+/- 22 FTE) in the teams, set technical standards and best practices, ensure high performance along with scalability, and create an optimal work climate where every team member can excel. That is how you help connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. How you do this? That is up to you. At the Schiphol Group we trust in your talents, such as your ability to connect with others. In summary, as a Lead Data Engineer CDP you will work according to the following six overarching principles:
- Keep it running, always: Ensure the team runs smoothly, both today and in the future, by ensuring availability of both systems and people.
- Work smarter, not harder: Look for ways to improve the team's efficiency, aligning the process with the DnA mission and vison and manage the team's skills, results and well-being.
- Developing tomorrow's tech today: Implement guardrails to guide the team along the DnA strategy, identify key innovations needed, and motivate the team to innovate to dominate.
- High quality, every time: Ensure the team employs best practices for high quality code, and standardize where needed to create a consistent, high quality code base.
- Is it used, or useless: maximize the usability of the team's work, create awareness, provide training, and increase adoption by understanding what the business needs now and in the future.
- Collaborate for success: you and the team are part of a bigger goal and whole, your view expands beyond the team by collaborating with peers, leads, architects and other relevant stakeholders.